I have been receiving de@th thre@ts – Mohbad’s wife reveals as she narrates how the singer dïed


Cynthia Omowumi Aloba, the wife of the late singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, also known as Mohbad has revealed that she has been receiving death threats since her husband died.

Appearing at Candide-Johnson Court House in Ita-Elewa, Ikorodu, Cynthia disclosed that she began getting the death threats after her husband’s demise.

She said;

“A lot of people are defaming me on the ‘Tik Tok’,(a social media platform). I left my husband’s house because I am not safe there”

When cross-examined by Mohbad’s father’s lawyer David Fadile, Cynthia said she has a good relationship with her father in-law who she described as her best friend. She also denied obtaining a Canadian visa.

She however disclosed that Mohbad wanted them to move to Canada as he allegedly had so many “opponents” in Nigeria.

Cynthia who also revealed that she has known Mohbad for over a decade, since her secondary school days, further recalled how he made sure he didn’t post her and their baby on social media because he wanted to protect them.

Denying claim of having a fight with her late husband, Cynthia disclosed that Mohbad wanted to go to the hospital to treat the injury he sustained during his brush with Prime Boy but due to his previous experience with NDLEA operatives and fear of Azeez Adeshina Fashola a.k.a(Naira Marley), he did not go.

She revealed that her husband sustained a cut during a fight with Prime Boy and she didn’t know about it until she saw blood stain on the bed sheet on Monday, September 11.

She further disclosed that the nurse who was supposed treat Mohbad wasn’t around so they resorted to first aid and Panadol.

On Tuesday, September 12, her husband’s friend, ‘Spending’, reached out to another nurse, who gave the singer some injections on the left arm.

Cynthia who revealed that she did not ask the type of injection he was given because she was in the kitchen cooking, said she only saw the nurse trying to put another injection in the veins of his hand. However, Mohbad told her to be careful because he was an ulcer patient.

During the cross-examination by Taiwo Olawanle from Falana and Falana Chamber, Cynthia said her late husband was first taken to Kuda hospital which didn’t treat him and later to another hospital which pronounced him dead.

When cross-examined by Olumayowa Ogunsami, counsel to the father of the deceased, she said her late husband stopped being friends with a certain Micheal a.k.a Mice when he found out he was an informant for Naira Marley. She said her late husband found out he was recording his conversation when he took him to a lawyer to discuss royalties Naira Marley owes him.

The case was adjourned to November 15 for further proceeding.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here